Login.aspx page does not work with winhost database!

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by longmatch, Apr 6, 2011.

1. The login.aspx page works fine with my local SQL Server database. It does not work in my development environment (vs 2008), after pointing to Winhost SQL server, but there was no error message. I created the database on Winhost using the scripts generated from my local SQL server 2008 R2. They should be identical since the compatability level is SQL 2005. Really do not know what is going wrong. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Did you create the membership roles/provider correctly? It sounds like you didn't move all the necessary membership roles/provider objects form your local database to our SQL server.

3. I think so. I created database on Winhost SQL server with scripts generated from my local sql server 2008 R2. I checked on the Winhost SQL server, the tables, stored procedures, views and other related membership objects are there. What else do I need to check? Thanks!

4. Ray

Ray

5. More info after more testing,

The Membership.ValidateUser(Me.Login1.UserName, Me.Login1.Password) works fine.
    I checked the roles by Roles.RoleExists(rolename), it is ok.
    the UserInRole function does not work.

Really do not know why!

6. Ray

Ray

How did you publish this site? What authoring tool did you use and the deployment method?

7. I did not run the ASP.Net Configuration Tool against your database and created users and roles. The script generated includes schema and data.

I published the website to my local drive and FTPed to your server using Dreamweaver CS5.

8. Ray

Ray

Do you have a link we can look at?

9. My problem was solved after changing the collation of database. Thanks