Joomla JFolder::create: Could not create directory

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by mjmcelravy, Apr 21, 2011.

1. I am moving a Joomla site from a folder (public_html) to root. When I do that and try to update the Global Configuration data I get the following error message:

JFolder::create: Could not create directory

I have checked my file permissions using IIS7 and they appear to allow read/write/access, but the error message implies that Joomla cannot write to the folders E:\web\mysite\logs and E:\web\mysite\tmp.

What do I need to change to eliminate this error?

2. Ray

Ray

Try loading the Joomla file to a subfolder as a test and let us know if you encounter the same problem.

3. I have 2 sites on Winhost. When the Joomla app is in my test site www.mysite1.com\public_html, I do not get the error message.

The error happens on mysite2.com when the app is in root.

I am attempting to verify that www.mysite2.com\public_html behaves the same as www.mysite1.com\public_html but there appears to be a problem with mysite2\public_html. I am getting this error:

Error Code 0x800700b7
    Config Error Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'value' set to 'index.php'
    Config File \\?\E:\web\tecport3\public_html\web.config
    Requested URL http://tecport3.com:80/public_html
    Physical Path E:\web\tecport3\public_html

4. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

this error means that your web.config have 2 entries for index.php as the default document.

5. I also get an error in IIS manager when I try to view the default document for public_html.

How do I fix that? I did not set any values for that folder, I just created it using Filezilla and started uploading to it.

6. Ignore my last post. I found a web-config file that I must have inadvertently copied from mysite1 when I set up mysite2.

7. Ok, now that I got rid of the webconfig file and can access my joomla site, I have been able to verify that I do not get the Joomla JFolder::create: Could not create directory error in the public_html version of the joomla app, but I still get it in the root version of the joomla_app.

8. Ray

Ray

Do you have an actual URL for me where I can see the error message. If you don't want people to pull it up, send me a private message on the forum.

9. Ray,

Thanks for your help. I resolved the problem by moving my Joomla app back to a folder and updated my index.php file in root by adding these 3 lines of code at the very top of the file to force the application in public_html to be accessed. Hope this helps others that may encounter this same problem.

<?php
    header( 'Location: public_html/' ) ;
    ?>

10. Ray

Ray

Thank you for the follow up.