Issues with Forms

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Kyleleescalf, Mar 3, 2016.

1. The website is www.calvarysouthside.org

For some reason the forms on the site will not work. I used muse to create this site, and it's still in progress. I believe Muse uses PHP to create the forms, but I could be wrong, I'm not very proficient in PHP coding. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

What are the settings you're using to send the email message within the form?

I ask because you will need to use the following:

SMTP Hostname: mail.calvarysouthside.org
    Username: The full email address of the email user you're using to send the email message.
    Password: Is the password of that email user.
    Port: 25 Or 587
    Don't use SSL

If you haven't created an email user follow the instructions below:

• You will need to login to the SmarterMail system with the postmaster email account first in order to create the email user. To do this please login to your control panel on WinHost.
    • Once you have logged in to your WinHost control panel. Click on the Sites tab at the top. Or simply click here: https://cp.winhost.com/sites/
    • Click on your site account.
    • Click on the Email box under site tools. Or simply click here: https://cp.winhost.com/sites/email.aspx
    • Then click on the link SmarterMail Manager
    • The link will automatically log you into the SmarterMail email system.
    • Once you are in the SmarterMail email system. Click on the Settings button. (Looks like a gear icon)
    • Then expand the Domain Settings folder if it is not already expanded.
    • Click on Users
    • Then you may start adding your email users.

Elshadriel and Michael like this.
  3. Will the form only be able to send emails to the email that is connected to the site? The smartermail has been set up previously and I have all messages being forwarded to [email protected], the email that the forms should be sending to. I had this site set up on a different hosting service and the forms worked, so I'm confused as to why they don't on this one.

I get this warning when I upload the new files via ftp:
    I got these same warnings on the other other hosting service and it worked when uploaded. I even changed the email of one of the forms to [email protected], and also to [email protected].