Important attributes of a web host

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Sleepwalker, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Hate to break it to you buddy, but you post too much pointless crap.

2. Well, Sleepwalker's comment aside --

People are conditioned to expect telephone support, but in reality, it is inefficient and wasteful. Now there aren't many (any?) other hosts out there who are going to tell you that, but each and every one of them agrees with it.

From a customer perspective, if you have a difficult problem, any kind of tier 1 telephone support is just going to frustrate you, because they will not be able to help you. It's not their fault, they just aren't qualified. The tier 2 and higher people are not answering support calls, so you're never going to talk to them.

When you provide support via email, as we do, your ticket can end up in front of someone much higher up the food chain within minutes of submitting it. That's faster, it's more efficient, and it's better for you, because you're getting a higher level of support on a more consistent basis.

A lot of us have worked for other hosting companies, and we've seen how not to do things, and we're building Winhost on that experience.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  3. 800 numbers are for "reboot your computer" support. Our customers are .NET developers. They have more complicated problems. I cant imagine having a phone conversation with someone saying:

"My connection string is greater than add space name equals quote capital 'L' lower case o-c-a-l capital 'S', lower case q-l........"

or an email header :eek:

4. I didn't mean to offend anyone, it's just that the majority of posts from amk2010 is just a repeat of what one of the staff members said, or asking completely offtopic questions in other peoples threads.

/rant