IIS: Failed Request Tracing

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by yitz, Jan 2, 2014.

1. My rewrite rules are not behaving as I expect and I would like to debug them. I tried setting up IIS Failed Request Tracing from the IIS Services Manager but when I click on the Failed Request Tracing Rules icon I get this error message:
    This is the section that fails in the Web .config (I copied it from my local web site)

How do I set up Failed request tracing on Winhost and where would I find the log files?
    Thanks
    yitz

2. When I remove the 'traceFailedRequests' from the web.config file, I get this message:
    Can someone please shed some light on what this means and what has to be done?
    Has anyone been able to activate Failed Request Tracing with Winhost?

3. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Sorry, we don't support Failed Request Tracing.

What type of issues were you having with the URL rewrite? Did you get a error message? If so what was the error message?

4. Since I have 2 domains pointing to the same site, I'm trying to write a set of rewrite rules which will reinterpret the url differently for each domain. It is partially working but sometimes I'm sent to the wrong page and I would like to see how the URL is being interpreted on the server. It's too bad you don't support Failed Request tracing - it is a excellent debugging tool exactly for this purpose. Now I will have to do a lot of guess work and fix the rules by trial and error.