I really hope this will take off

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by rtur, Oct 15, 2009.

1. rtur

rtur Guest

I really hope this will take off. I just moved my site in and it is a first host in a long while that works EXACTLY as I want it to. Keep it up guys.

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

rtur - thanks for that. We are working our butts off here to get this to take off. Please do spread the word bout us too - blogs, forum posts, tweets...

3. It is taking off, and we're here for the long haul regardless. Hang in there, and rest assured.

4. Actually, did a short review.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. Hey man, thanks! That's really well done.

You are right about resources. The quotas have become ridiculous. There's little difference between 50 gigs of bandwidth and 300 gigs when 99.9% of web sites use less than 5 gigs (and about half of all web sites use much less than that).

It's all marketing. And the host knows it's safe to offer unusable amounts of bandwidth because...well, hardly anyone will use it. And most of them have caveats in their policies that would prevent someone from using all the bandwidth anyway. A site has to be very stripped down to use 300 gigs of bandwidth without exceeding CPU limits. Any application that has to do any work server-side is going to eat up CPU long before bandwidth.

Anyway, thanks again.