I don't want my domain name to point to my winhost site anymore

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by scottking, Apr 14, 2010.

1. I have a Winhost site and domain name, www.basicperspectives.com. I want to use that domain name for my blogger blog account. I don't want to have it lead to my Winhost page anymore. How do I go about this?

Google has instructions to set my domain name to go to my blog account but it says I need to know my domain registar. (http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=58317).

My time at Winhost has been great by the way. Me switching my blog to blogger has nothing to do with Winhost, just how I would like to store my blogs. I still love to use Winhost, they are great!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

I checked the records and it looks like basicperspectives.com was registered through Winhost.

For something like this because it may include some sensitive information, I suggest you open a ticket to our support department and our support department can better answer your issue while keeping some sensitive information private.

But if you are looking to perform a registrar transfer, you will first need to log into your Winhost control panel, navigate to the Domain Manager section and unlock your domain name. If you have private whois enabled you may need to also disable that feature. Once you unlock your domain name, you will get what is known as an authorization code or EPP code. You then contact a registrar of your choice and initiate a registrar transfer. Once they initiate that, they will ask for the authorization/EPP code and you can give it to them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015