I can't display my site

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by tmw01, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Hello all...

I am new user in this great hosting, my problem after i created my website, i uploaded it by FTP program to my site, i can see my website folder by FTP program, but i can't see my website folder in the server, so i can't display my website and run it in the internet.

I cant find the directory or files mangment which i already uploaded them by FTP program.

thank you all.

2. Are you getting an error message when you try to view the site?

Make sure you delete the index file that is put in the account by default.

3. Thank you Hank for your support and help.

regarding your first question, no i dont see any error message when i view my website, except the page of the company that i rented my domain from them.

Also i cant even see the index file that you mintioned in your reply, and even i cant or i dont know from where i can see my website folder and files that i already uplouded them by FTP program.

my domain name is: www.wahidi.net, i rented the domain from Bluehost.com and i rented in this server hosting to put my website in it because i use ASP.NET. Now i cant see my files (my website) and even when i explore my website i see "Bluehost" page, should i do any settings regarding my domain to make it available in this website?

thank you again.

4. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Your domain is still pointing to bluehost. You need to update your domain name servers to point to our DNS. Ask bluehost how to update your domain name servers.

5. hello curtis, you are right, i have to update my DNS, now i am trying to update my DNS and make it pointing to Winhost.com. But now i have small problem that is when i try to change the NameServer to Winhost.com, i have enter 2 NameServer for Winhost, i found these DNS:

Name Servers:

ns1.Winhost.com
    ns2.Winhost.com
    ns3.Winhost.com

but when i inserted two of them, error message appeared said that they are "Invalid nameserver".

i will try to find correct NameServer for Winhost.

thank you curit for your valuable information and for your support.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  6. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

the dns for Winhost you listed are the correct ones.

7. Ray

Ray

Whats the full error message? Typically when you update the name servers with your registrar they will tell you exactly why the udpates failed.

8. Hello all, i just want to say that yesterday i tried put the same NS again, and finally the update successful :), i dont know why the site gave me error message before because i did the same steps yesterday and worked.

anyway, now i have to wait from 24 to 72 hours, then my DNS will pointing to Winhost, and i will tell you if my files upload in Winhost correctly and if my website work tomorrow or after tomorrow maximum.

thank you again for all of you to your support.

9. Ray

Ray

Don't forget you still have your secondary URL and secondary FTP address. You can use them to connect to our server and upload your files and view your web pages from our server even if the domain name is not pointing to our web server.