http://diveseven.com - online dive logging for scuba divers

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by drewnoakes, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hi all at Winhost,

Well after quite a bit of development, my wife, a friend and I are finally ready to start showing our new website to the world.

http://diveseven.com

We are really into scuba diving and wanted a site that let us catalogue our diving experiences and share them with our friends. In that way, the experiences of other divers would help us find new and interesting places to visit and things to see.

There are still a few pages that need designing and performance tweaking. We'd also like to support the major social media platforms and hope to add that in the next few weeks. Longer term we'd like to support advanced features such as technical diving, dive computer log files and a host of other goodies. Hopefully before too long we'll have a community of divers to tell us what they want.

Some highlights of the site include:

Now that it's public we're really keen to get any feedback people have, whether or not you're a diver.

And hopefully you are a diver so you can test out logging a few dives too, as that's really the process we'd like to make easy, fun and rewarding.

Thanks for taking the time to check our site out.

Drew.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Wow, I can see a lot of backend work went into that, nice. I also like the hand-drawn font.

3. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

wow... you dive a lot!! looked at your dive log. are you professional diver?

4. No, I guess I'm an enthusiast really. My friend Rick has loads more dives than me, for example, and is still going back through his old logs and entering them. I, on the other hand, can't find my old log book, which is not a problem I'd have if this site existed ten years ago!

5. Yep, quite a lot of custom coding. It's been fun to actually code a site for myself for a change, rather than for my clients. I've learned a lot from this project, and expect that will continue now that it's online :)

6. I really like the design of your site. The spacing, arrangement and colors flow nicely. Good work.