How to reject emails from an IP address?

Discussion in 'Email' started by miller, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Hello,

I received spam emails from an IP address. The sender fakes one of my email addresses ([email protected]) to send spam emails to me ([email protected]). After investigating the email headers I've found that the spam emails were from an IP address which was not belonging to my account (and obviously the sender address is fake), so I'd like to reject all emails from that IP address. But I couldn't find an option to do that in SmarterMail. Can anyone tell me how to setup this?

Thank you!

2. If you are aware someone is spoofing your mail address, the best course is to implement SPF/DKIM record in your DNS which would prevent them from doing so.

I believe smartermail has filtering capabilities which has wide variety of parameter to configure; block by sender mail address, mail domain, server's IP address, and so on. You can take a look at this from the interface

login to smartermail as primary admin > setting > domain setting > filtering > content filtering > new

3. Oh, it's in the content filtering. I'll try that before making a SPF record. Thanks!