How to increase space in email account?

Discussion in 'Email' started by danshand, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Hello. My Today page in Smarter Mail is showing:

Disk Space Limits
    Limit 100 MB
    Currently Used 97 MB

I would like to increase the size limit. I went to Settings>Advanced Settings>Default User Settings and entered

Mailbox size limit: 200 mb

and it is showing there. (I did this in a regular email acct, not the postmaster one). But the Today page still shows 100 MB limit.
    How do you increase it. (I have plenty of space in my cp Usage indicator to allow more for email.).

Thanks
    Dan

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Hi Dan,

1) Log into SmarterMail as postmaster@[domain name]
    2) Click on the Settings icon (2 cogs) on the menu to your left.
    3) Expand the Domain Settings folder and click on Users.
    4) Highlight the user and click on Edit.
    5) Change the Mailbox Size Limit (MB) and click on Save.

The Default User settings that you changed will only apply to new email accounts created.

3. Ok, thank you.

4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

I should also add for hosting accounts on the Basic plan we allocated 250 MB of email disk space. If you reach this email space limit then email messages will no longer will be received until you delete old email messages or upgrade the hosting account to a higher plan.

On the MAX plan we allocate 500 MB of email disk space and on the Ultimate plan we allocate 1000 MB of email disk space.

To learn how to upgrade your hosting account please read our knowledge base article here: http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a502/how-do-i-change-the-plan-for-my-site-upgradedowngrade.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. hi, just wondering, but for Basic is that 250MB per email user or is it 250 total, divided among all email accounts? MailManager lets me set 250MB for one user, then set 25MB for another, which implies this limit is per email user account?

6. It is 250mb total.

SmarterMail will let you set up individual quotas that exceed your total quota because it can't get the quota data from our plan database.