How to handle Firefox pop up dialog box

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by saykaof, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Can anyone show me how to handle Firefox pop up dialog box when changing a password?

This dialog box is a confirmation box with OK and CANCEL buttons on it. I want to check for which of two buttons clicked by the user with my web form (C#)

FS

2. Ray

Ray

Why use C#? Why not use javascript window.open function? Wouldn't that be easier?

3. Ray,

I'm was testing my asp.net mvc under C#, and like to handle it with the controller.

My problem is that I cannot capture the user's reponse from Firefox browser popup.

It does not matter javascript or not it should be okay, if you can lead me to capture the reponse.

FS

4. Ray

Ray

I don't think that can be done. I believe the POPUP window on FireFox is an event that happens on the clients computer and doesn't get passed to the server. I've been looking all day for something like this and I haven't found one yet.

5. I would hope you can't get that information. I wouldn't want any random web site knowing my password or browser preferences.

Why do you want to know if they saved the password?

6. Hank,

For example, I have page that allows a user to change old password to a new password. as soon as the user click the submit button, the Firefox dialog box popup with two buttons OK and Cancel.

From my test no matter which button I clicked, my controller class invoked (e.g. if user clicks Cancel button) I need to capture and handle it appropriatelly.

FS

7. After more research, there was a suggestion to download a latest version of firefox, and it should not have the pop up.

I downloaded firefox 3.6.6 and installed, and then I ran my program and there was no popup dialog box. I guess whatever they did to firefox browser fixed my problem.

Thanks all for spend your valuable time on my problem.

FS