How to enable Sql Cache Notification?

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by oscar966, Aug 30, 2011.

1. I have no idea how to get rid of the error below. I know that with the software I purchased that I would have to enable the Broker permission on the database. However, that didn't seem to resolve the problem. Any ideas as to what configuration settings I can change?
    Thanks,

Server Error in '/' Application.

The database 'MyDB' is not enabled for SQL cache notification.

To enable a database for SQL cache notification, please use the System.Web.Caching.SqlCacheDependencyAdmin.EnableNotifications method, or the command line tool aspnet_regsql. To use the tool, please run 'aspnet_regsql.exe -?' for more information.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Caching.DatabaseNotEnabledForNotificationException: The database 'StoreDB' is not enabled for SQL cache notification.

To enable a database for SQL cache notification, please use the System.Web.Caching.SqlCacheDependencyAdmin.EnableNotifications method, or the command line tool aspnet_regsql. To use the tool, please run 'aspnet_regsql.exe -?' for more information.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

2. Resolved! How, idk, but I reestablished the database and that seemed to take care of the issue.