how to do that...

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by kiran, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Hi Folks,

I have a requirement,

where I had created a form and place it in internet...

when anyone fills the form and click on submit button, than that form should be stored in Winhost database and an e-mail should be sent to mail_id...

for this, is it enough if I create a table in Winhost or should I create a table in our local database and than pass the values to Winhost...

Please explain me...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

I'm a little confused on exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but forms authentication using SQL at the back end is different and separate form actually sending an email. Send an email through ASP.Net requires its own set of coding. Try looking at this kb article.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a650/how-to-send-email-in-aspnet.aspx

3. Ray

Ray

4. The Email part I got clarifyed... Thanks for that.

and regarding the requirement
    Is is Ok if I create table in Winhost and post the fields to that table
    or should I create a table in my database than transfer the fields to the Winhost table...

I am sorry if I am making it complicated.

5. Ray

Ray

I don't really understand this question. What do you mean post the fields to that table? I don't think SQL/Databases work that way. You can create a table and set it up with the correct column name and data type, but to actually relate it to your website? I think you may have some misunderstanding on how web pages and databases inter act with each other.

6. I am really sorry if I am creating mesh in the fourms.

I had not not done web application before. I used to do window based applications.

My requirement is...
    I had created a form and place it in internet...
    when anyone fills the form and click on submit button, than that form should be stored in Winhost database

Kindly tell me the procedure for that...

I really appreciate your help upto now...

7. Ray

Ray

Since you are learning, I suggest you start off small until you get used to it. By starting a simple web page that captures data, you can see how things work and get used to it. From there you can move on to more advanced techniques. This should help reduce the learning curve.

First you need to setup a table in your database. Use SSMS and connect to our SQL server. Create a new table and call it table one. Create 3 columns. One is the primary key should be Integer for the data type, and the other two make it Fname and Lname. Set the data types to characters.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a689/how-to-connect-to-sql-server-2008-using-sql-server.aspx

Use this kb article to help you get started with creating a web page to use the Insert statement.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a639/how-to-insert-data-into-an-ms-sql-database-with-net.aspx

Once you get used to that and feel comfortable with it, start adding text boxes to this script and pass the values you catch on the text box to the Insert statement.

8. Thank You for the info...
    It is helpful

9. Hello Ray...
    I had gone through the procedure and created a table and inserted some values into it.

Now but I can not see the contents directly in the table. But I can see the contents through the sql server mgt studio.

I want to see the contents of the table in Winhost server.

Any help...?

10. Ray

Ray