How to Create Contact Groups?

Discussion in 'Email' started by DJGray, Apr 13, 2018.

1. I have scoured the help and this forum but cannot find a means of creating email groups in the Contacts. I want to be able to enter "Board of Directors" or something similar in the To field and have it populate with the addresses of that group.

Is this not a feature in the email app?

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

You can try using Aliases. After you log into the SmarterMail web interface with the postmaster account, go the Settings -> Domain Settings -> Aliases.

3. YES, Elshadriel. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!

UPDATE: Well, shoot. It didn't work. When I try to save it fails saying "Forwards to the following address(es) is not allowed:" and then lists the whole address collection.

UPDATE#2: It seems that there is only one offending address in the list. There are six addresses I need to include and it has accepted five of them. The one offending address is "[email protected]" No idea why that address fails to work.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

I don't think we allow forwarding to aol.com because of spam.

5. Ah, yeah, okay. I guess that makes sense, but it causes difficulties for legitimate mail. I'll find a way to make this work.

Thanks!

6. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Elshadriel likes this.
  7. On the Navigation bar, click People.

Note: You can find People in one of two places on the Navigation bar.

If you're using the compact Navigation bar, click the People icon.

Select the People icon to see your contacts.
    If you're using the expanded Navigation bar, click the word People.

Select People to view your contacts.
    Under My Contacts, select the folder where you want to save the contact group. Usually, you'll select Contacts.

On the Ribbon, select New Contact Group.

Give your contact group a name.

Click Add Members, and then add people from your address book or contacts list.

Note: To add someone who is not in your address book or contacts, select New E-mail Contact.

Click Save & Close.

Regards,
    Bruce