How many databases can I have per site?

Discussion in 'Databases' started by 00026861, Mar 2, 2010.

1. It looks as if I can only have one. Is that the case or could I have more?

What if I want my site to contain two applications each with a separate db? Do I need to merge the databases.

2. Ray

Ray

What plan are you on? If you are on the basic plan you can only create 1 database. If you are on the Max plan you are permitted up to 5 database. Bear in mind that the SQL disk space allotted to you is the sum of all the database combine. So if you are on the Max plan you are afforded 500 MB of SQL space, which essentially translate to 5 databases with 100 MB each.

3. Gofer01

Gofer01 Amateur Web Application Developer

My concern about the MAX plan your business put 3 limits on the database option

1. 500MB Disk Space
    2. 5 Databases
    3. 100MB minimum per Database

What happens if I want 4 databases at 25MB and 1 database at 400MB. I can't do this. I know if I install a shopping cart and have a 1000 products to sell and have 1500 costomers. The database will go over 100MB. Sense it does over 100MB on the MAX plan and the restrictions that are place on that plan I will actually only get 4 databases

So why put that third restrictrion on. Let us decide on how small or how large our databases should be based on 500 MB disk space and 5 databases.

4. dpcolgan

dpcolgan .net Programmer

I agree wholeheartedly!

5. Ray

Ray

You are allowed to setup the quota of your database how you see fit. So if you are on the max plan, you can setup 4 databases with 25 MB and the last one with 400 MB or just setup 1 database with 500 MB.

We also have our ultimate plan which gives you 1500 MB of SQL space.

6. Actually, there is a 100mb minimum for databases on the max plan. We'll look into changing that.

7. Gofer01

Gofer01 Amateur Web Application Developer

Does the ultimate plan have a ASP.NET Shopping Cart that can handle PayPal. Goggle. Yahoo, and Amazon Merchant Accounts? Whats the brand of the shopping cart if it's being offered in the ultimate plan?

If so whats the monthly rate on this ultimate plan?

8. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

No, we do not proivde a shopping cart. You can deploy your own shopping cart solution though.

The Ultimate plan is $19.95/mo

9. We have changed the minimum database size to 25mb, so that should give you more flexibility in assigning a larger quota to one database.