How do we access URL Rewrite ?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by JamesHurst, Mar 12, 2015.

1. I'm trying to follow your directions for having multiple websites on my account, and it calls for using URL Rewrite.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro, and I did install IIS.

In your forum post "URL rewirte module 2.0", under Example 1 it says, in IIS 7 Manager, navigate to the URL Rewrite section.

How do we do that? And how exactly do we "connect" IIS Manager to our Winhost accout? I am using my home computer, running IIS Manager, and it shows a Default Web Site on my local computer (useless) and I see no menu item, nor icon, for connecting to a server, nor for URL Rewrite. ???

Looking within the Winhost control panel on Winhost's website, for my website, I see nothing that says "U
    RL Rewrite".

So what do we really do here?

I presently have one website (work in progress) on my Winhost account under the domain-name www.LogNut.us, and I want to add a separate website for www.DesignForge.com, and for the URL shown in the address-bar to not show to the user any indication that one is in a subdirectory under the other.

Thanks for your advice, jh

2. Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Elshadriel likes this.