Hosting Multiple Domains

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by extra1, Sep 17, 2015.

1. My websites are currently hosted on GoDaddy. They are all under one webhost account.
    Two of them are registered at GoDaddy and about 5 others are registered at 1&1.

I am trying to find out if I can sign up for one max account and host all domains from the one account.

I believe I can do that, however, I am additionally curious if there is anything more I have to do than set up the DNS to point at Winhost nameservers and then point each domain at the specific subfolder on my Winhost account?

I saw something about a redirect script. Is that necessary, because I don't have to do that at GoDaddy and I'm not interested in having a redirect sent back to the user each time they hit my TLD just because it is hosted all in the same hosting account.

Can you let me know whether or not there will be a redirect sent in this case? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. There's a little tinkering involved in hosting multiple sites in one account, but once that tinkering is done you won't have to touch it again.

There's always going to be a redirect involved when you're sending a request for a specific domain to a subdirectory of a site on another domain (i.e., a site hosting multiple domains). The only way to avoid that is to put each domain on a separate site.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Elshadriel likes this.
  3. thanks for your reply and for the explanation.