Home page error

Discussion in 'Email' started by Denmarkstan, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Hello,
    i am new to web hosting and management. The first time i uploaded my site with the help support of Winhost, i succeded. Now i am trying to edit the site. The only step i took was to edit in my local machine then went to server through filezilla and deleted the old upload, then uploaded the edited one. Now i tried to browse the site, i saw the list of files instead of homepage. click this link to see http://www.ckcayangba.com/

secondly, my "contact us" not working well, as it is working on my local machine. I can't see my html email message editor on the server webpage. Is there any prerequisits for mail to be able to work on your website. i attached two photos of "contactus page" from my local machine and that of the server respectively. Please help me out.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Now i tried to browse the site, i saw the list of files instead of homepage. click this link to see http://www.ckcayangba.com/

Sounds like you didn't upload your default document first. But, when I visited your web page it looked like you already fixed your problem because your web page displayed correctly for me on my end. For more information about default pages and how to create them please read our knowledge base article Default Documents

secondly, my "contact us" not working well,

I checked your contact us page. It seems like you fixed the main issue on how it displays because it was working ok for me on my end too.

However you did have this question: Is there any prerequisits for mail to be able to work on your website.

Yes, you need to make sure you use our email server in order to send mail messages from your web application. In fact, we have a knowledge base article on How to send email in ASP.NET

Notice from our sample code that we use the postmaster email account to send the message.

You need to make sure you pass through the SMTP authentication process with the postmaster email account too. Try using the new settings to see if that solves your issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. How do i pass through the SMTP authentication with postmaster email account.

I got this from you: Notice from our sample code that we use the postmaster email account to send the message.

You need to make sure you pass through the SMTP authentication process with the postmaster email account too. Try using the new settings to see if that solves your issue.

I have tried the sample code as follows:
    Code:
    <%@ Page Language="C#"  MasterPageFile="~/Site.Master" Title="Subscribe" %>

<%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace="System.Net" %> 
    <%@ Import Namespace="System.Net.Mail" %> 

<script language="C#" runat="server">  
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  
        {  
           //create the mail message  
            MailMessage mail = new MailMessage();  

//set the addresses  
            mail.From = new MailAddress("[email protected]");
            mail.To.Add("[email protected]");  

//set the content  
            mail.Subject = "This is an email";  
            mail.Body = "This is from system.net.mail using C sharp with smtp authentication.";  
            //send the message  
            SmtpClient smtp = new SmtpClient("mail.ckcayangba.com");

NetworkCredential Credentials = new NetworkCredential("[email protected]", "ooegbkstan");  
             smtp.Credentials = Credentials; 
             smtp.Send(mail);  
             lblMessage.Text = "Mail Sent";  
        }  
    </script>  

<asp:Content ID="BodyContent" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent">
        <table align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5">
    	<thead>
    	<tr>
    		<td colspan="2" class="title">Subscribe</td>
    	</tr>
    	</thead>
    	<tbody>
    	<tr>
    		<td class="item"> </td>
    		<td class="value">&nbsp;</td>
    	</tr>
    	<tr>