1. I am trying to add a dating script to my website, but it's asking me to log into enterprise manger, but i cant find that on my control panel, please help.Below is what the script is asking me to do

SQL SERVER
    To setup SQL Server from .MDF file
    1. Login to Enterprise Manager.
    2. Right click Database, select All Tasks, Attach Database...
    3. Click ... to browse the .MDF file. Usually stored in /sql/dating.MDF 4. In Attach As, enter the database name 'dating'.
    5. Select database owner and click OK.
    6. Modify /_custom/include/constants.asp with new database login.

To setup SQL Server from scratch
    1. To setup SQL Server, first create a new database in Enterprise Manager. Then run the /sql/dating.sql which will auto-generate all the tables, using Query Analyzer that comes with Enterprise Manager.
    2. Insert into Admin table, username=Admin, password=[anypassword]. Note: username has to be Admin 3. Right click Table and Import Data, select text file located in /sql/country.txt into Country table.
    4. Right click Table and Import Data, select MS Access located in /sql/zip.mdb intro zip table.
    5. Modify /_custom/include/constants.asp with new database login.

2. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. I did the backup, but still dont see anything about the enterprise manager? or how to access it!!!

4. Ray

Ray

Enterprise Manager came with SQL 2000. We are running SQL 2008 so you cannot use Enterprise Manager to connect to our SQL 2008 Server. You will need to use SQL Server 2008 Management Studio (SSMS). This is free to download from Microsoft. Once you have this program and installed in on your computer use this kb article to configure SSMS to connect to our server.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a689/how-to-connect-to-sql-server-2008-using-sql-server.aspx

Remember, you cannot use SSMS to initiate a backup or a restore function on our SQL 2008 server. All this has to be done in the Winhost control panel.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015