Help with Database...

Discussion in 'Databases' started by RichHikins, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Hi...

Please help.. I have a small issue that I'm sure someone on here can help with... I am at my wits end wasting a day trying to get SQL 2008 Express on to my machine.. I just can't make it work.

I have a SQL DATABASE for my website .mdf that has lots of information and stored procedures in.

I then have an upto date Access DataBase with only the tables and information in.

I would like to merge the information that is more upto date from the Access database into the tables on the SQL database and once that is done. I just want a .bak of the SQL database so I can upload it to Winhost...

I can pay for someone to do this... I just need help!

Please :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Why not just drop all the data from the SQL database, keeping the procedures and whatever, then import the tables from Access? I assume the data types and table structures are the same.

3. Hi MikeV. The problem is, I just can't do it. I have been trying. But just can't make it work. I really want to get my site up.

The Access database doesn't work as this is what I've done already and you can see at www.richhikins.net that it's missing loads of stuff to work.

The SQL database I have has all the correct procedures etc but doesn't have upto date information in the tables (Which are in the Access file)

If someone can't do it for me. Can someone give some advise of what I need to do. As I just can't get SQL Express to install so I can open the file.

Thanks again for the support.
    Rich

4. Ray

Ray

5. Did you get this finished?