Help to fix mysql_connect problem

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Onitza, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Good afternoon

We've experience the following error on occasion in the past, but now it seems to be permanent.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '--------.----------.com' (10060) in E:\web\--------\banner_display\classes\class.Database.php on line 19

Searching the forum returned a few threads, of which this one is the closest match http://forum.Winhost.com/showthread.php?t=3178&highlight=mysql_connect. My only concern about it was that since then Winhost started to support mysql, I thought maybe that might change the situation.

I'd like to know why this DB is not working? Our developer tells me he cannot access it. Who can restore it or how do we restore it? Any help would be appreciated ... but plse go slow :) Thanks

Eddie
    Acc 0003878

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Give us a URL and instructions on how we can replicate/see this error on our end.

3. Ray

Ray

The error message I am seeing shows that the mysql server is not Winhost. I am assuming you don't want it to be known that is why you blocked it out on the first thread, but the symptoms shows that the problem maybe with that mysql server not our web server. Have you contacted the network administrator about this?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Oh my! now this comes as a surprise to me. I was under the impression that our complete website - including the banner DB - was hosted with Winhost.

How can you tell from the message that it is not with Winhost? Is it perhaps the "mysite4now.com"?

Thanks for you help. Now I must find where we are hosting this!

5. Ray

Ray

Yes "mysite4now.com" is not us. That is another company.

6. Happy ending

Ok, just wanted to return and say thank you! We've figured out what is going on where!

Rgds

7. I hope there was no skullduggery or tomfoolery involved.