Help needed in WCF project Deployment

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by Essame, Feb 25, 2011.

1. i have been working in WCF project and my services are ready and working in a very good manner at my development machine.
    but when i upload the website project that contains the WCF services it dose not work on the on line website and i always get the following error message
    "The type 'Service', provided as the Service attribute value in the ServiceHost directive could not be found." the Type service is service.cs file that contains the implementation of the WCF service contract and this file connt be found.
    i ve tried to deploy my project to the on line website using many options and ways just like i use the publish site in the visual studio 2008 also i ve used the copy option in addition to web matrix deployment and in all cases i ve got the same error even thought my files are uploaded to the website please if some body can help me

2. Ray

Ray

It just sounds like you didn't upload the web service file up. Try using FTP and make sure it is uploaded to the web server. And make sure you are calling it to the correct path. If you uploaded the file to a specific folder, then you will need to make sure you code the bindings correctly.

3. thx for reply ray

first of all thx ray for ur reply
    im sure that all the project files are uploaded to the web server and as i said earlier i used the publish and the copy option and ivee checked the folder in the web server and i found the project files all uploaded and the same problem again ??????!!!!!

4. Ray

Ray

Check the path you are calling the web service. Do you have a URL where you can call on the web service directly?

5. mmmm
    i didnt understand what u mean please can u give me an example about the shape of the service host directive ??????!!1

6. Ray

Ray

7. i know and that what iam doing and when i do this i got my error message
    when i asked u for example i mean an example of the service host directive how should it looks like ??????
    because my service host directive looks like
    <%@ ServiceHost Language="C#" Debug="true" Service="Service1"%>
    and this directive dosent work and coz the problem

8. Ray

Ray

This looks correct to me. Do you have a URL you can provide to allow us to see the error message on our end?

9. ray thx aloooooooooooooooot for ur replies
    but i ve just finished and solved this problem but im facing another problem in consuming the WCF service i will put it in new thread