Having troubles with domains.live.com

Discussion in 'Email' started by wovalle, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Hi.

Im working with sending mails programatically from my webpage. First I tried with smartmail with no success, then I tried to change the dns to live but it says "Pending DNS configuration" after I configured it.

Previously I'd configured this in another host and it worked instantly, don't know whats happening here.

Any Ideas?

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Do you have a URL where we can review the error?

3. Native Email Vs Google Apps Vs Domains Live

Hi.

Currently Im having some troubles with automated mail in my web. I need to send a certain quantity of mail daily (everytime an user sign up, and when an user register a packet...) because I have a company that sends packets from miami to my native country: Dominican Republic.

When I developed the email module I tried to make this with the mail the hosting gave me, but I couldnt, that was when I registered my domain in domains.live.com and started using hotmail as my email provider and everything worked fine.

But now hotmail is blocking my account because they think im spamming, which Im not. I've tried many ways to prevent this but with no success.

I think I'll have to use native mail, I saw a post from here when another user send mail programatically so I think I can.

The questions are: Anybody have had this problem? Any solution? If I use native mail I wont have to deal with this kind of problems, will I? And If I decide to use the native email I'll have to set the original mail dns, where can I get it?

Thanks.

4. Sorry I didn't answered that, I solved this. I was putting a wrong dns record.

5. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Good to hear. :)

6. My posts got mixed o_O

Well, I solved the pending DNS configuration thing but I can't figure out how to send automated mail without getting blocked.

7. Ask them why your messages are considered to be spam. Maybe it's just a matter of authentication or something...sorry, not exactly sure how live.com does things.

8. I've thought the same, but Microsoft doesn't have any documentation about domains.live.com and there are no 'help center' specialized to domains.

I want to try one more time with the native mail. How can I get back to the original DNS configuration?

9. Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  10. Thanks!