Having problem from the very start

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by JamesRo, Jan 25, 2011.

1. I used IIS 5.1 via win XP SP3 and made asp classic application.
    I tried uploading via FTP to my account on the root folder but
    the server would not recognize it.

I installed IIS 7.0 for x86 and set the default page name too.
    Even tried switching default.asp file to default.aspx.

The real problem is I wouldn't be able to access any of the files (even image)
    via web browser.

For example, there is a "apple.jpg" file in the root folder and my domain name is "www.blahblah.com". Then wouldn't I be able to see the file through browser when I type "www.blahblah.com/apple.jpg" on the URL bar?

Seriously need some answers!
    thx for your concerns!

2. Ray

Ray

Depends on where you uploaded the file to? What exactly is the error message you are getting?

3. I uploaded the .asp file to the root folder.
    Also when I try to type a url address with any file name (e.g. www.blah.com/flowers.jpg),
    it comes out as

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
    The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Module IIS Web Core
    Notification MapRequestHandler
    Handler ASPClassic
    Error Code 0x80070002

4. Ray

Ray

Doesn't sound like you uploaded the files to the root. From what I've seen before some members inadvertently upload their files to a subfolder thinking its the root. If you have an actual URL I can look at I maybe able to tell for you.

5. well, I do see "Winhostdefault.htm" at the same location where I uploaded.
    the URL is www.gortfolio.com

inside the FTP server,

E:/gortfoli

is the place all the files are.
    I'm sure E:/ is not the root since I can't upload to that folder since it's restricted.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  6. Ray

Ray

I suggest you open a ticket to our support department about this. When you open the ticket ask them to check the DNS record and the header bindings for gortfolio.com.

Lastly if you use http://gortfoli.w04.Winhost.com/ this is the error I get...

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

'C:\Gortfolio\DB\gilbut_jisik.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

/start.asp, line 12

Check your coding and make sure the path to your database is set correctly. You may want to check your control panel Site Info Manager to see what your server path is set to.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015