GoDaddy Domain Fiasco :(

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by Mesonoxian Eve, Jan 18, 2012.

1. My apologies for being this ignorant, as I've not transferred a domain in so long, I didn't even know these new rules applied.

I followed the video instructions into changing my current domain (ex)hosted at GoDaddy, but when I attempted the first step, the site's telling me there are no domains to manage (I released it about two months ago).

I contacted CS in regard to removing the privacy setting, but they're not cooperating. So, I decided to let the domain go and created a new one through Winhost.

My question now is: how do I get my .NET account assigned to studioinkspot.net transferred to mesonoxianeve.com?

I'm not seeing how to do this via the instructions.

Also, why doesn't the knowledge base search work? I'm using Firefox 9.1 and every search criteria I enter returns with a message nothing's found. I have to go and "track through" the various links on the site to get to what I want.

Thanks for reading.
    -RM

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Unfortunately the Search function in the KB articles is having problems at the moment, due to a SQL issue. We're currently waiting on it to be fixed, and should be back up ASAP.

Also, did you want to replace "studioinkspot.net" completely? If so, you can go in the CP to the "Sites" tab [https://cp.Winhost.com/sites/], and click on the Manage link next to your domain. On the next page, click on the "Change Domain" button on the left hand side, and that'll allow you to change the domain to the new one for the entire account.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Update on our knowledge base - everything should be working fine now and search functionality is back to normal.

4. THANK YOU for both solutions. :)

Now, time to read up on playing with my new virtual toy. Lots of articles in the knowledge base. ;)