Getting disconnected when uploading SQL database

Discussion in 'Databases' started by 0001696, Jan 15, 2010.

1. I'm trying to get a database in place on the Winhost site. I created a connection to the server in MS SQL Server Management Studio as per article 751, opened and executed the script I had created earlier. It created the database and populated the first 854 records then stopped. At the bottom of the right pane was the message,

"Msg 10053, Level 20, State 0, Line 0A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.)"

below which it said "Disconnected" The connection was still in place though as I was able to open the table and view its contents.

The database I'm trying to establish is very simple. It has one table with 66 fields and 12,761 records.

I tried running the script again and it did the same thing but this time at record 505.

I don't know if you can get to my support tickets but if you can and you want to see my exchange with the support desk the URL is https://support.Winhost.com/Main/fr...skelly.net&h=DC8CF1ABDDF5E45D1735DAC07683DFA8

They suggested I change the Keep Alive value in my SQL server configuration manager and had me do a Trace route. Then they suggested I contact my ISP which I haven't done yet. My ISP is Verizon and I don't have much hope that they will be of any help.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so did you find a resolution?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

3. Hello Ray,

Thanks for the response. I followed the instructions in the link you suggested and all went well up to the point where I tried to load RunSQL.aspx in my browser. At that point I got the message below which seems to be indicating a permissions issue. I put the file in the root of my site. Do you have any suggestions?

Opening url http://<<My domain and path>>/Contacts.sql
    An error occured: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.WebPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() at System.Net.HttpWebRequest..ctor(Uri uri, ServicePoint servicePoint) at System.Net.HttpRequestCreator.Create(Uri Uri) at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri, Boolean useUriBase) at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString) at ASP.runsql_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) The action that failed was: Demand The type of the first permission that failed was: System.Net.WebPermission The Zone of the assembly that failed was: MyComputer

4. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. That did the trick. Thanks for all your assistance Ray.