FrontPage Server Extensions Message

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by DRAKKON, Sep 23, 2010.

1. I need some help.
    I'm trying to publish my site (created with Visual Studio 2005), but when I try to connect to Winhost I get the following error:

"Unable to open Web <name of my website>. The Web server does not appear to have the FrontPage server extension installed."

I read an article that mentioned that FrontPage isn't in use anymore, and that I'd have to use FTP to upload my files, but when I try to view my site all I see is the HTML and not the designed page.

Any help would be appreciated....

Dre---

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Thanks for the feedback, Ray. I did everything the article suggests, however I'm unsure how to view the site. When I go to the URL all I see is the HTML, not the designed page. What URL am I supposed to use?

4. Ray

Ray

Well I really don't know. What is your domain name?

5. The domain name is xtraordinayr.net, and I'm trying variations of the URL, but so far no luck.

6. Ray

Ray

You should be using ftp.xtraordinayr.net as the server name. What is the error you are getting?
    Also make sure you clicked on Passive Mode. If you have already done that, try unchecking it.
    FTP is often disrupted by the persons firewall, anti virus, or even router. As a test try to bypass them and connect directly to the internet.