Framework 4.0 supprt

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by kettu, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Hello all,

I'm new with Winhost. The main reason I chose Winhost was 4.0 support. Now I have tried to run test application that I built in VS 2010 with 4.0 as target framework, and it works fine in the development environment (of course), but as soon as I upload and run it on my site, I keep getting this "System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Test' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded." Error message includes also this: "Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016". This doesn't look 4.0 support to me. Why "BadImageFormatException". My application is very simple and it has nothing to do with any kiand of image files.

Everything works fine if I change target framework to 3.5, but that I can get almost anywhere.

Does anybody know the solution to my problem?

Tuomo

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Hello,

As I said I'm new with Winhost and control panel. I looked again the control panel and Voila! there it was. It couldn't be easier to chance the framework version. :)

Tuomo

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Glad you found it and everything is working out.