form authentication timeout in 5 minutes

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by likeuclinux, Apr 26, 2010.

1. I keep on getting timeout and ask me to re-login with username and password, what I have done:

1. web.config
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" defaultUrl="Login.aspx" timeout="50000000" />
    </authentication>
    <sessionState timeout="120" />

2. iis manager, setup the session state time out in 120 minutes

wish somebody help:confused: me out

2. Ray

Ray

It sounds like your application pool is being recycled by our system. We have several conditions set on the server and if any of these thresholds are reached, our system will recycle the application pool.

1) More than 20 minutes of idle time (no http request in 20 minutes)
    2) The application uses more than 100 MB memory
    3) The application uses more than 75% of CPU time

You may want to consider moving your session to the SQL server. Try looking at this kb article.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a626/how-to-enable-aspnet-sql-server-session-on-your-web.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. How can I know how much memory is used by my web application? I don't believe I used 100M memory since there are less than 5 users is using web sites

4. Ray

Ray

Try opening a ticket to suppor and they can check what threshold your application reached (if any).
    They will not be able to tell you the total consumption of the memory your application is using because the server does not record that type of information. But if your application is being recycled because it is passing 100 MB of memory usage they will see that in the log.

5. You can use 100mb with one user on the site. Memory use is a function of the application, typically not the number of users.

6. I am having the same issue. Using the IIS manager, I set the session timeout to 30 minutes, which is the same amount of time that I have set for the forms authentication cookie. However, with as little as 1-2 minutes of inactivity, I am logged out and need to log back in.

Were you able to resolve this issue? If so, what did you do?

Thanks.

7. Ray

Ray

Do you have a URL and a test account we can use to test it and replicate it on our end?