Expression Web & Frontpage extensions

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by azamaney, Mar 28, 2010.

1. I tried using the Form Controls in Expression Web to create a contact form, and I get a message saying that I need to have FrontPage extensions installled. It looks like Winhost doesn't support FrontPage extensions, correct?

If not, are there any utilities that anyone could suggest to build a contact form? I'm not really a website developer, which is why I was hoping to use the easy form controls.

Thanks! :)

2. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. FrontPage

I just moved a site here expecting better compatibility with Expressions and Access due to your advertised MS server service. What plan do you offer if any that supports Front Page extensions?

4. Ray

Ray

I'm afraid we have no plans to support FrontPage Server Extensions. From our experience FrontPage Server Extensions are problematic, causing unforeseen issues with file permission problems.

5. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

I suggest you avoid FrontPage extensions at ALL costs. MSFT was going to yank FrontPage when they released asp.net 2.0. It only survived because some hosters complained.

FrontPage extensions are still available but it hasn't been updated since 2002. 8 years!!!