errors when trying to publish db

Discussion in 'Databases' started by trotter, Oct 1, 2010.

1. hi there

im getting the following errors when trying to run the script to publish the membership aspnetdb on Winhost server:

Code:
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles, Line 48
    Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles, Line 52
    Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles, Line 79
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles, Line 83
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles, Line 93
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 53
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 58
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 87
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 92
    Msg 15151, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Cannot find the object 'aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.
    Cannot find the object 'aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

is it likely to be catastrophic?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

3. hi ray

i have already set up the membership and roles that i want and everything is fine on my local copy of the database, i encountered those errors when running the script i created from the same database file when trying to execute it against the Winhost database, basically just trying to copy everything across

4. Ray

Ray

5. hi ray

when i created the membership database i did it locally, so the whole this was sitting in my app data folder, then i went and added a whole bunch of other tables and built out my model on this database on my development computer, i publish the db and create a script locally to execute against the Winhost db i create in control panel, i execute the script in sql server management studio, the main problem is that these errors are coming back and saying that i dont have permission to copy the membership procedures which would enable me to manage roles in the database remotely. If you have a solution to this it would be great as Im pretty hamstrung if i cant add users to roles in the production db.

6. Ray

Ray

I don't know what kind of script you are running but these errors mean it is first looking for these objects. Its not that you do not have permission its just that it does not exist.

Cannot find the object 'aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Try this, first use the Restore/Backup tool in your Winhost control panel to have a backup of your database. Then delete the database and recreate it. Try using the same database name and database login.

Then run a backup of your local database on your computer. You should get a .bak file. Read this kb article to restore that .bak file on our SQL server. What you are basically doing is starting from scratch on our SQL server and reloading all the tables and objects that is on your local database to our SQL server. Now, I am assuming that your "LOCAL DATABASE" has the required objects, stored procedures, data, and triggers to run your web site hosted on our server.

But to be on the safe side its best you take a backup of your database on our SQL server so if you need to revert back to the old version of your database you have the backup for it.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a771/how-do-i-generate-or-restore-a-backup-of-my-database.aspx

7. Hi Ray

Im just running a .sql script that i created in VS from my databse by clicking publish to provider.
    The wierd thing is those stored procedures are there in the db.

8. Ray

Ray

When you run the script make sure you have...

Use [your database name]
    Go

...at the top.

9. hi ray
    thanks
    i know about putting use[databsename] and then go but thats not the problem, this is the first time im uploading the site so theres no need for backups of the databse, do you reckon i should create a backup of my local copy and restore it on your servers? how do you go about creating a .bak file from a db?

thanks,

10. Ray

Ray