Error deploying with webpages

Discussion in 'Databases' started by echofive, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

when running -

Line 5: var selectedData = db.Query("SELECT * FROM Users");

Database works fine locally but cant get it to work on the server. Is there some issue im missing?

thanks for any help :)

2. Are you using SQL Compact?

3. im using webmatrix, so not sure?

EDIT - i checked and its SQL Server Compact 4.0

EDIT 2 - Ive been uploading via FTP, i think that might be the issue. I cant currently get the web deploy to work though (it says invalid pword or un even though i know both are correct)

EDIT 3 - managed to upload via web deploy but recieved error { Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) }
    so going back to trying FTP again where the app loaded but just not the specific database page.

4. Im pretty sure I have both installed. Thanks for reply.