Email

Discussion in 'Email' started by 0010173, Mar 19, 2011.

1. I previously received a domian name with godaddy. the company thats building my site suggested that i register with Winhost to get space. the problem is that my godaddy emails can send but they can not receive. my ppostmaster email with Winhost sends and receives. is there any way that they all can work? reason being i already gave the email addresses out from godaddy to paypal, business cards, etc...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. What do you mean by your Godaddy emails?

Did you have email service set up with Godaddy previously and now you are hosting your email through us?

I see that your domain is currently pointing to us as well as your email service. If you created email users over at Godaddy you can simply create the same ones through our Smartermail system and you will get email for those users.

It's always best to point your domain to one email server to make sure no emails are lost on their way to your inbox.

3. Ray

Ray

It sounds like you want to use GoDaddy's email server to send and receive email.

If that is the case you will need to contact GoDaddy and get the information to their MX record. Let them know that you are resolving your domain name to another DNS server (Winhost). Tell them you will modify the necessary MX and A record on Winhost.

Once they gave you that information, log into your Winhost control panel and click on the tab Domains. Look for your domain name and on the right hand side click on the link "Manage". This will take you to the A and MX record for that domain name and you can update the records so that it will use GoDaddy's mail server.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015