email code for asp (not .net)

Discussion in 'Email' started by Trinacria, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Ray, thanks for your this link.
    Is it possible to find the code for asp (not .net) ?

Normaly i work with "Set Mail = Server.CreateObject("Persits.MailSender")"

Thank in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

3. Ray, thank you for the quick reply :)

It's the same code that I use but have the message :
    Mail send failure. Error was Connection timed out.

The code work but not by Winhost, what's the différence ? should I do something else ?

4. Ray

Ray

Where are you running the website from. Is the website still on your personal computer or some kind of test box, or did you upload the web site to the Winhost server? Also tell me what smtp server you are using.

5. the website is up load on Winhost server and the smpt is
    mail.brusselsathletics.be

6. Ray

Ray

I just pinged mail.brusselsathletics.be and it is not resolving to a Winhost email server.

C:\>ping mail.brusselsathletics.be

Pinging mail.brusselsathletics.be [193.202.110.103] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 193.202.110.103:

Make sure that domain name brusselsathletics.be is pointing to the Winhost DNS servers.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a507/general-Winhost-dns-server-information.aspx

You will need to contact your registrar to accomplish this.

7. Ray, thank you for the time spent on my problem. :)

Indeed, brusselsathletics.be is an area that is not in Winhost.
    Yet it is referenced in my account at Winhost.
    The good domain is brussels.w02.Winhost.com but when I use it is the message: Mail send failure. WAS Connection refused error.

ping mail.brussels.w02.Winhost.com

Envoi d'une requête 'ping' sur mail.brussels.w02.Winhost.com [96.31.35.21] avec
    32 octets de données[please post actual URL]:

Réponse de 96.31.35.21[please post actual URL]: octets=32 temps=2389 ms TTL=114
    Réponse de 96.31.35.21[please post actual URL]: octets=32 temps=2260 ms TTL=114
    Réponse de 96.31.35.21[please post actual URL]: octets=32 temps=1991 ms TTL=114
    Réponse de 96.31.35.21[please post actual URL]: octets=32 temps=1799 ms TTL=114

Statistiques Ping pour 96.31.35.21:
    Paquets[please post actual URL]: envoyés = 4, reçus = 4, perdus = 0 (perte 0%),
    Durée approximative des boucles en millisecondes :
    Minimum = 1799ms, Maximum = 2389ms, Moyenne = 2109ms

I guess it's because of [email protected] Username ("[email protected]" does not exist)

Sorry for my "beginner" questions but I do not understand that it is possible to create an domain that already exists elsewhere and that everything works except sending mails.

8. Ray

Ray

Yes using brussels.w02.Winhost.com will fail because it it not the email server but the web server. I'm afraid the web server only serves web sites and it does not have an email server directly into it. The email server which is a different and separate computer from the web server can send out and receive email. I suggest you update the name servers for your domain name brusselsathletics.be to our DNS servers so that mail.brusselsathletics.be will point to our email server.