Email Alias with Google Apps?

Discussion in 'Email' started by WigF1, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Howdy,

I currently have my emails working like a charm through Google Apps Premier - this is for the domain I registered when creating my Winhost account (thus, my 'main' domain). However, I have a domain pointer set up to an additional domain and would like to use the email alias features of it.

I understand I need a mailbox set up in the 'main' domain in order to be able to use the email alias functionality.

So, I created an account in the SmarterMail web ui. I can then log on to smartermail as either [email protected] or [email protected] with the same password.

When I compose a message, having logged into the SmarterMail UI as [email protected], and then send, it always seems to have [email protected] as the sender, even though I have specified a reply-to address that incorporates otherdomain.net

When I then reply to the message I sent, the recipient is correctly listed as [email protected], however, it vanishes into the ether. I get no bounce-back nor any message in the mailbox I created.

So, experts, any guidance / tips on the email alias functionality coupled with Google Apps ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Thanks for informing us about your issue. Can you submit a ticket to our support staff for this issue? We need more information to determine the actual problem. When you submit the support request we will have your domain /account and can look deeper into your specific problem.

3. Will do Lloyd - cheers!