DSN does not work??

Discussion in 'Databases' started by duasmi, May 8, 2010.

1. I'm new to Winhost and having trouble with creating a DSN. I created a Winhost SQL database with one simple table (tbl_test). I then created a DSN and used it on a .asp page. I'm using Dreamweaver MX and create a record set query. Nothing I do conects the asp page to the table. I searched the knowledge base but nada! To create a DSN you only need server name but when I type s01.Winhost.com it says unallowed characters. Any help is appreciated. I tried s01, does not do anything. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

There seems to be two issues occuring. One is your asp application connecting to our SQL server and the other is correctly setting up the DSN in the control panel.

We should keep the issues separate and not mix them up together. Each will have to be resolved in different ways.

For now, lest concentrate on your asp page connecting to our SQL server.

Do you have to use DSN? Try using a DSN-less connection. Refer to this kb article.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a688/how-to-query-sql-database-with-asp-using-dsn-less-connection.aspx

If you are still seen an error message on your web page, post a full and exact copy of the error message on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015