DotNetNuke RSS feed problems

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by dovr, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I'm using DotNetNuke to build my site and I have the following problem.
    I want to consume a RSS feed from the Announcements Module but I allways get an error. (On my offling site it's working perfectly)

I saw in on site a simmiler problem and they solved it by adding rule to the firewall site, to allow the RSS Feeder to access it's own resource and in the hosts file was not set the line with 127.0.0.1 localhost and 127.0.0.1 mydomain.com

http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community.../284353/scope/posts/threadpage/3/Default.aspx

Is this can be the answer, and what I need to do to add the rule and add to the host file the lines?

Thnaks,

Dov

2. Ray

Ray

Give us a full, complete, and exact copy of the error you are getting.

Do you have a URL we can pull up to also see the error on our end?

3. Hi,

The site is in hebrew but still you can see the RSS in that page http://aditalco.w04.Winhost.com/adital/ראשי.aspx

Here is the error I'm getting from DNN:
    An error has occurred.
    DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: The file '/adital/rss.aspx' does not exist. ---> System.Web.HttpException: The file '/adital/rss.aspx' does not exist. at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp) at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String virtualPath, String path) at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

The file is relly missing, but also it's not exist in my localhost and it's working there.

What to do ?

Thanks,

Dov Rosenberg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Ray

Ray

There is not enough information to solve this problem.

Give us detailed instructions on how we can replicate the error on our end. Make sure you have the appropriate trust level set correctly. Try increasing it to either High or Full.

5. Ray

Ray

No, I highly doubt it is the firewall otherwise we will have more complaints about it.

Like I said it is difficult to troubleshoot this because we can't replicate it on our end. If we can replicate it on our end we can monitor the server and see what is going on in the background when we run through the tests.

Try using Fiddler to troubleshoot your DNN application. It maybe able to yield more clues on the matter.

http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/