Domain pointers and my poor ability to read directions

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by superic, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Okay, so here goes:

I had a Winhost.com hosting account for domain1.com. It works great. I love it.

Then I wanted to test a project at domain2.com. I registered a whole new account on Winhost for domain2.com.

Then I realized I could use a Domain Pointer to point domain2.com to domain1.com and just sort things out with headers. It's just a testing site after all, not a big deal.

So I deleted domain2.com's hosting account.

Then I went to domain1.com and tried to add a Domain Pointer for domain2.com to point to domain1.com. But here's the problem: it says domain2.com is already hosted with Winhost.com... which it was, but I cancelled it.

And now here's the question: how long do I have to wait until domain2.com's hosting account is really, really gone and I can set a pointer for domain2.com to go to domain1.com?

Does that make any sense? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Actually when you cancel a site it does not cancel it right away. Basically it will wait for the renewal date and not renew it. Since you paid for the month, you will get a whole months worth of that account. But if you want the cancellation processed rightaway then I suggest you open a ticket to our billing department and they can manaully do it for you.

3. Makes sense. Thanks!