Domain + Hosting

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Adnan Rashid, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Adnan Rashid

Adnan Rashid Guest

I like the pricing you are offering and would like to subscribe to the Max plan. I have a couple of questions:

I have a bunch of applications all currently being hosted on another provider. I would like to switch them to your provider. Is there a limit of hosting applications in a MAX plan?

Also I already have the domains registered. Can I point the Name Servers to your host so that I can have one domain pointing to each application?

Also does each user package have its own Application pool or does your service use a common app pool?

Also I was going through the CP demo, and need more clarification about the 'Sites' option.

--
    Adnan Rashid
    http://www.adnan-rashid.com

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

You can host as many applications as you want. We have an Application Starting Point tool in the control panel where you can set any subdirectory as its own application starting point.

Yes, you can use domains that are already registered with no extra fees. You can point the domain name servers to us.

If you want to get the domains to pull up different web applications in one site, you would add the domains as domain pointers using the control panel tool. The domain pointers are set to point to the root of the Site. Then you have full control to redirect those domain pointers to any web application with your code, without having to log into a control panel to control the behavior of your domains.

Each Site is hosted in its own isolated application pool. If you use the method above to host multiple web apps in a single site, then all the apps will run in the same Site app pool.

If you want the web apps to run in separate isolated app pools, then you need to sign up additional Sites as either the Basic or Max plan.

A Site is either signed up as a Basic or Max plan. It is hosted in its own isolated application pool. You can order additional Sites in your Account Control Panel. If you order mulitple Sites, then they will all be listed under the Sites section. Each Site gets a full set of tools.