Domain and Email Questions Before Purchasing

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Matt, May 27, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Guest

I am looking to spin up a new domain however your purchase form for new domain does not include .US

Do I have to stand up my .US domain elsewhere then acquire your services? I was hoping not so I could simply have all my setups by one company.

If I do stand up my domain elsewhere in .US is that the place where I have to setup my email for that domain as well? for example [email protected]?

Also if I choose to sub-domain is that by a registrar or by you all?

I would be really happy if I could simply get my .US registered by you all instead of going through another registrar and redirecting or plugging in your name servers.

Please respond soon! I am anxious to get started!

One last question, I can build my site off line with VS2010 on my computer then FTP your server correct? and under .NET 4.0 right?

Matt

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

We do not register the .us domain so you will need to register the domain at a domain registrar that can handle the .us domain. Then you can sign up for hosting with us.

To get the domain to pull up your site on our service, you need to update the domain name servers with our DNS information using the web interface provided by the domain registrar. We have instructions for how to upodate the domain name servers for popular domain registars in our knowledge base: http://support.Winhost.com/KB/c234/name-server-update-instructions.aspx. You can ask them how to do it too.

We provide email service with our hosting service. So if the domain points to us, then we can handle the email for the domain.

I'm not sure what you mean by "sub-domain" - if the domain points to us, you can set up unlimited subdomains using our control panel. Subdomains are URLs in the format: subdomain.domainame.com

We support .net 4. You can publish a site using VS2010.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015