DLL reference failing...

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by afsanchez001, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have a DLL created in VS 2010 C#, .NET 4.0. The DLL is added as a reference and placed in the BIN folder. My website project references the DLL, and locally the website works just fine. The webpage that references the DLL works just fine!

But... when I send it to my Winhost account, it fails with this error: "Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MessagingToolkit' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

Here is the error on the webpage here on Winhost: http://www.ao2clientserver.com/TestApp/default.aspx

This DLL should work just fine.

The DLL is sitting right there in the bin folder! I even made the DLL with a Strong Name using a Key Pair so that there should be no issues for the config to pick it up.

But it still does not see it in the Bin folder. A friend thinks it could be a Permission Issue? What do you think? Remember, this DLL is written specifically for .NET 4.0 using C# in Visual Studio 2010 by me (today) with a strong name reference.

What's up? I need help...

Thanks for your assistance!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. No permission issues.

You sound like you are doing everything correct. Like most things, Im sure its just something you missed. Easiest way to figure it out would prob be to download the entire application using FTP, then open it in visual studio and see where you get squiggly lines.

There is obviously something different between your solution and whats on the server.