Disk storage space

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by hadi2f, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Hi,

I want my clients to be able to upload files to my site hosted at Winhost.
    I have 2 questions:

- Is it against your usage policy to have my clients store files under my account?
    - Can I increase the disk storage capacity for my account I find out I will need more space in the future? If so, how much do you charge for extra space?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Probably. I would have to check the policy specifically (it's on the site), but that is a pretty typical policy item for shared hosting.

Having said that, such rules are generally in place to prevent multi-user file repositories. If you need to transfer files between customers and yourself, that's a different matter and I wouldn't worry too much about the policy in that case.

It is not possible to increase quotas on an account. You would have to upgrade to the next larger account in that case.

3. Thanks for your quick reply.

I've already reviewed the policy, and there was nothing that was against having people storing files under my account as long as I wouldn't go over the "agreed" limit as it says.
    I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't violating any rules.

If this is an issue, would you have any proposition for any solution I could find? Maybe buying storage elsewhere but still be able to access the uploaded files through the Winhost account?

I am developing a webservice that will upload the files. And since the webservice is running on my Winhost account, I am supposing that the destination must be on the disk where my account is stored. Is this correct? Or can I have the webservice upload the files directly to some other storage location?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Ray

Ray

I suppose this can be done. I'm thinking using Azure (the cloud technology) to have your web service store files on.