Deploying Visual Studio 2008 Application to Winhost?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by 0001646, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Hello,

I'm trying to import my SQL Server 2008 information to Winhost, and have some questions regarding the article they are referring me to ( http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a628/using-the-microsoft-iis-70-manager.aspx ). Namely:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To download and install the IIS 7.0 Manager, use one of the following links:

For X86 processor systems: http://iis.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=34&g=6&i=1626
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I start up the file, namely: "wpilauncher_n.exe", I get the screen:

Choose from the following new downloads and select "Install" to continue.

What's new: Advanced Logging
    Application Request Routing 2.0
    etc.
    Web Deployment Tool 1.0
    etc.

Which of these do I need to install or how do I proceed?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. In regards to the previous information being offered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Type the SQL server name provided for you in Control Panel under Site Info Manager/MS SQL 2008/Manage. Where? I have SQL 2008 Developer Edition, I open the file using File/Open/File and it opens, no problem, so where do I type in the SQL Server name? (I understand the step below requires that I modify the USING statement)

----Once the script is opened, navigate to the very top of the page and type:
    USE [database name] (without the brackets)
    GO

Choose SQL Server Authentication in the "Authentication" drop down box. When? This doesn't come up when opening a file.
    Input your database login and password from Control Panel (see #3). Where?

--Typically when you open a SQL script SSMS will automatically try to connect to a database. If it does not, go to File/Connect Object Explorer

In this whole process don't I need to someone state that I want to connect to Winhost? The database that Winhost has provided me is:

DB_3585_mydatabase

So I understand that I need to put:

USE DB_3585_mydatabase
    GO

At the top of the script. But where do I actually connect to Winhost? I don't seem to see any option to do that when I:

File/Connect Object Explorer

or anywhere for that matter?

Thanks...

3. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015