Default Document Script

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Sarosh Ali, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Hi

I have created a subdomain using Winhost cpanel. "projects.domainname.com"

I have created a subfolder in "username\projects\test1" in which there is a index.html file

Basically I will have various projects named say 'test1' or 'test2' and so on. Each will have its own stand-alone website/web application for test purposes.

I want to do someting like when i type "projects.domainname.com/test1" in a browser it shuld take me to "username\projects\test1\index.html"

I saw this article (https://support.Winhost.com/kb/a649/how-to-redirect-a-subdomain-to-a-subdirectory.aspx).

Seems stupid asking but how do i access "default document on your document root" to configure script? Where is that file physically??

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Thanks Elshadriel. I have seen that article, and done that. But that only tells me how to setup which 'webpage' to load up first according to priority (moving up and down as shown in articles' screenshot).

My problem is where to I "input" the script text? According to the article I linked in my first post.

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Oh, you place that code in any file you create (e.g. default.aspx, index.aspx, redirect.aspx, etc. name doesn't matter) in the root of your site account. Then you set the default document for the root using the blog instructions.