Databases

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by jaa17, Mar 7, 2011.

1. I am about to join you but would like to ask a question about a database first.

I have written a little silverlight program and a website using the express editions of Visual Studio on my local computer. They involve database calls.

When I set up my website with you, how do I set up my database? Do I use my Express editions on my local machine to set them up? Or do I log into my site on your machines and use the database tools on your machines?

Will I encounter any problems using the express editions of Visual Studio?

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Thanks for the reply.

So am I right in saying my program and website, which has been developed using the express versions, will still work once I create the database on your site?

The only thing is I have to create the database manually on your site.

4. ...basically, I am checking I can still set up my website on your servers even though I only have the express editions of Visual Studio on my local machine.

5. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Yes, you can host your site on our servers and continue to use the express versions on your own computer to develop your site. Many of our customers are doing the same.

6. amk2010

amk2010 Guest

well curtis is right you can develop your site with the express edition on your own computer and it must not create any issues.
    [​IMG]