database name changed

Discussion in 'Databases' started by davidls, Jul 5, 2012.

1. The control panel site info shows the database as sailtsso.w02.Winhost.com whereas it is shown as sailtsso.s02.Winhost.com in the database manager. We are unable to login to the members only folder and when I use IIS (logged in with w02.) to manage the database user list using net user I get error message 26 which is server not found or not accessible. I don't know how this was changed as it is on the server side. It has been s02 since the site was set up. Please provide some help to correct this problem. Email replies should go to [email protected] as that is the email I am currently using. I will also monitor the forum.
    David

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Hi David,

I don't quite understand the problem you're having, but the web servers and database servers are different. The database server should be s02.Winhost.com and not sailtsso.s02.Winhost.com.

3. The control panel site info shows server name w02. It should be s02. We can't connect to the server because the name changed. The connection string in database management shows s02. What caused the server name to change and where is our database file?
    David

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

That is correct if you're reviewing the information on the main site page. w02.Winhost.com is the web server you're hosted on. To review your database information, click on the MS SQL Manager button -> Manage. I just checked, and it says s02.Winhost.com

5. the information on the main site page