Database is not working.

Discussion in 'Databases' started by kazimrmerchant, Apr 4, 2011.

1. i've upload my whole site.. and while trying to login on my win host data base it produces an error which was mentioned below...
    i need your help..

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Login failed for user 'kazim'.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'kazim'.

Source Error:

the code i added to my web. config is mentioned under..

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=tcp:s04.Winhost.com;Integrated Security=false;Initial Catalog=mysql_21910_database;User ID=*****;Password=******" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

You are using the wrong server.

tcp:s04.Winhost.com

This is a SQL server not the MySQL server. Log into your Winhost control panel and under the Site Info Manager/MySQL Manager review the name of the MySQL server.

3. I ve changed the server name.. but different error occured

Hi, i ve changed the server name with Data Source=my01.Winhost.com; and i think its correct but i m still having errors mention under..

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

4. Ray

Ray

Its still a connection string error. Its hard to say because the error message doesn't show exactly what connection string is broken.
    I can only suggest you double check all your connection strings, not just the ones you have to your "MySQL" database. You may have some other databases that are pointing to a different database that is causing this error.

5. Hi, brother i ve checked all my connection string..

and i m hereby confirming that i m sure connection strings are fine.. i badly want to know the resolution..

<configuration>
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=my01.Winhost.com;Integrated Security=false;Initial Catalog=mysql_21910_database;User ID=kazim;Password=ali1424" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>

<system.web>

its my web . config. file.. it seems ok to you.. ???

6. Ray

Ray

7. I m going through the same problem. My database is in SQL Server 2000 and my connection string is
    "Data Source=tcp:s04.Winhost.com;Initial Catalog=DB_22532_bvjpr;User ID=DB_22532_bvjpr_user;Password=******;Integrated Security=False;

still i m getting the same error
    A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Please Please help us !!! we need urgent guidance

8. Ray

Ray

Do you have a URL we can look at to see this error message.