database connection

Discussion in 'Databases' started by winhoau, Jul 2, 2012.

1. I have been using dreamveawer. All my forms were working in my local host XAMPP but they just are not working on the web server. Here is the error message with my feedback form which did not submit(attached) oops! -could not attach for size- it is error message 405.0- method not allowed (invalid http verb being used). I don't know if the connection I modified for the remote location is correct either.( attached)

Attached Files:

2. My login page is yet to log in . It gives Error 404.0 . Some of the suggested solutions on the error message are supposed to be done with IIS manager. How can I use the dreamweaver to trace the cause of the error. ( I have not been able to check the IIS manager boxes of the IIS manager in the turn features on or off dialog box of my computer- is there a solution to this either).

Could not upload the error message 404.0 for size.

3. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Some HTTP verbs are not enabled by default. You can use IIS7 Manager to enable them.

4. Hi Elsehadriel,
    How do I use IIS7 Manager to enable HTTP verbs on my site.

Thanks in anticipation.

Winhoau

5. rum

rum Winhost Staff

Please see this blog post that explains how to add verbs, and this Knowledge Base article for the instructions on how to connect to your site with IIS Manager.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  6. You might want to consider moving from an Apache development environment to an IIS development environment if your ultimate goal is to deploy on IIS...

7. Hi,

I am using IIS and I'm connected to my site. However, I cannot submit my feedback form on my site. I have read the blog you recommended and I have included get, head and post verbs for the staticfile handler but I am still getting 'error 405-method not allowed message'.[ attached].
    What can I try next. I am using basic authentication and I do hope it goes with using a form like this which is supposed to submit data to a table in a database via submit.php.

Any suggestions please.

Cheers.

Winhoau

Attached Files: