Database connection string problem.

Discussion in 'Databases' started by maniphan, Mar 27, 2013.

1. These are my connection string anyone has any ideas why i am still getting connection fail error?

Code:
    <add name="Membership" connectionString="data source=s06.Winhost.com;initial catalog=DB_56829_family;user id=myUserName;Password=mypassword;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
        <add name="FamilyAddressEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/FamilyAddress.csdl|res://*/FamilyAddress.ssdl|res://*/FamilyAddress.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;data source=s06.Winhost.com;initial catalog=DB_56829_family;user id=myUserName;password=mypassword;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

This error i got:

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 52 - Unable to locate a Local Database Runtime installation. Verify that SQL Server Express is properly installed and that the Local Database Runtime feature is enabled.)]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Well the error message sounds like somewhere in your code your site is trying to access a SQL Express database.

We do not support these types of databases, so you need to check all of your site's code, not just your connection strings, and make sure that you have removed all the connections to SQL Express databases.